1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PSHCE and RE mapping

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by poppy2004, Mar 2, 2011.

1. poppy2004

poppy2004 New commenter

I would also place this on the RE section as well but be prepared to get a back-lash! Be aware also that RE is still regarded as a compulsory subject according to the not-so-new government.
    This had been tried in my current school (before I arrived) and it was a disaster to the point that when Ofsted came in and did a subject inspection and it achieved unsatisfactory. The department still had 2 lessons a week so when I came along I split the subjects and they are now taught as separate subjects but from the same staff and in the same department.
    Good luck whatever happens!

2. oggs26

oggs26 New commenter

ofsted wont like the together at all -if you have two lessons a week do RE and pse seperate! if not then easier to half term on each. you will find alot of the RE wont fit in the map or will be weak links. sorry ive not been much help

3. gemzied

gemzied New commenter

Thanks for your responces I am not happy about it either- but as we are an academy, they can pretty much do what they want.

Have I covered the main themes though?