1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PSED evidence????

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by seh101, Jun 16, 2011.

1. seh101

seh101 New commenter

Hello all, I hope you can help me!!!!

I am currently completing the EYFS profiles but appear to be rather lacking in evidence for 2 particular scale points.

My problem is, I'm not quite sure what the evidence should look like in terms of an observation.
    ED 6: Has a developing respect for own culture and beliefs and those of other people

and

SD 7 : Understands that people have different needs, views, cultures and beliefs that need to be treated with
    respect.

Can anyone clarify what sort of evidence you have collected to support these points.

THANK YOU!!!!

2. They could both be covered by the child saying something like "We take our shoes off at Granny's house but not at home. It's ok though, that's what we do at Granny's house"
    Remember not to think too big!

3. The handbooks give good examples or if you are completing the eprofile program on the computer you can hover over the scale point and it gives you examples. Remember though you don't necessarily need evidence for every single scale point, or so I've been told!

4. seh101

seh101 New commenter

That's the problem we have, typically, the children have been observed saying anything useful like the guidance in the guidance. I wondered if there was an activity we could do that would allow opportunities for children to provide examples. Sorry, I'm new to FS!!!! I have only taught the class for 16 days!!!
    Thank you for your help

5. inky

inky Lead commenter

That profile point causes so much trouble! It sounds so grand but amounts to so little.