1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PSE PSHE Interview Help!

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by HELLOOON, May 15, 2017.

1. HELLOOON

HELLOOON New commenter

Hello,

I'm a relatively mature entrant into teaching and am currently an NQT who works part-time.

I have an interview for PSE Coordinator coming up and wanted to know what sorts of questions would likely be asked. I have over 10 years of related work ranging from substance misuse, ESDGC, domestic abuse, exploitation, NEET's, disabilities, unemployment and social development and deprivation etc so am highly experienced in the areas but as a new teacher I have only had 1 teaching role interview in my whole life as I was lucky to secure the job first time round. But now feel I am at a disadvantage and going for a TLR interview I'm assuming will be a whole new ball game. To be honest I am just very happy I have been shortlisted as I am the most inexperienced teacher on the list but my real-life experience has obviously given me an advantage and I know I would excel in the role.

I would like to know what type of questions will likely be asked.

I'm assuming:

What would be your plan of action if appointed?

Can you demonstrate your experience of PSE?

What experience do you have of creating resources for others?

How would you ensure you safeguard pupils when talking about sensitive topics?

What do you see as the future of PSE provision?

Etc etc.

Can anyone please let me know if if you have any other possible questions?

Many thanks in advance,

H