1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Provisional Licence-ok to drive me to hospital?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by leesey, Dec 19, 2011.

1. I think so, yes, but only as long as you were able to take over in an emergency!! So it just depends how far along you are really, like if you are literally about to pop, and the police pulled you over you might get in trouble. But if you were just early on with contractions and stuff then I don't see why not.

It's probably best to have a back up plan just in case xx

2. Hmm I dont know the answer to the question but I dont think you are fit to drive if in labour, however early on. Is it far to the hospital? I would probably chance it from here (rural into small town, under 10 mins) but if it involved driving across a city or in London or something then probably not.

3. Thank you for your replies. I think I'm going to have a back up plan just in case-taxi! My husband can drive fairly well, but he's still at the over-revving the engine, stalling stage and I think that will stress me out if I'm in labour. The hospital is 10 mins away-when there's no traffic, so think will be easier, and less stressful, to go in a taxi when the time comes!