1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Provision plan provision map what's the difference?

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by breadmaker, Feb 12, 2011.

1. breadmaker

breadmaker New commenter

Thanks for any replies to answer above post.

2. minnie me

minnie me Lead commenter

Have not heard of a provision plan but assume it describes personalised support ? A provision map is more likely to resume what is on offer for a co hort eg SA / SA + / Statemented - will also have success criteria and may well be costed to show value for money . It may well cover the areas of an IEP eg personal / social / emotional development and references to literacy /numeracy . You may provide one version for staff ( I am secondary ) and one for parents . We used to link ours to ECM ( now known as Helping Children Achieve More ) . If you produce one for your SA co - hort then you need to identify what the criteria is for placement ( as in your policy doc ) and then highlight the relevant bit for parents. Can send you exapmles of the latter if you let me know your e mail.

3. Hi Minnie,
    I am a new SENCo too and would appreciate any helpful documents you can send. My predecessor was not at work for many many months and I am still seeking the SEN Policy at my secondary. My email is:
    teach21@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks,
    Anna

4. minnie me

minnie me Lead commenter

No worries - have examples of SEN / Incluision policy too - will e mail when I locate in work to morrow pm

5. Dear Minnie Me
    Can I be really cheeky and also get a copy of those examples too as I am very keen to become a SENCO and doing all the possible research into the job and unable to get specific details as not employed by a school at present.
    Many thanks
    jacster@mail.com
    Jacster22