1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Provision Mapping

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by angelface22, Feb 14, 2012.

1. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Sure teachsoc. I still stalk these forums - ha !

2. tinki

tinki New commenter

Morning Minne me,

I can see you've been busy sharing lots! I'm new to the SENCO role and if you don't mind could I jump on the band wagon and ask you to share your resource with me too.

jkwebs@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks

Jemma

3. AnnaGrr

AnnaGrr New commenter

Can anyone recommend a Provision Mapping Software. I've been looking at provisionmap.co.uk but would prefer to go by recommendation.

Thanks
    Anna

4. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

I have worked as an advisor for a PM company and am familar with another provider from the very early days of PM software and I am convinced that the best way to tackle is by generating your own. Costings and success criteria are non negotiable. Other colleagues may well have bought into models they can recommend.

AnnaGrr likes this.
  5. AnnaGrr

AnnaGrr New commenter

Hi Minnie me, Are you saying that I would be better of making up something myself, on excel or something similar? I don't really have a good knowledge of using excel and i can't think of any other way to set it up...

6. AnnaGrr

AnnaGrr New commenter

"Costings and success criteria are non negotiable. " What do you mean by this exactly...?

Thanks

7. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

If you conversation me I can show you the kind of thing which may give you a starter for 10. Re costings- impertative that your setting is demonstrating value for money so that the ' interventions ' or strategies which you are delivering are 'costed' in terms of time allocated, personnel and ( successful ) outcomes. There is a lot of debate about the efficacy of TAs for example so if you are utilising them to manage additional interventions it is important to be transparent (providing examples of how you deploy your TA team should be detailed on your website ) I have seen many PMs which are just grids with things in them - so what ? So again you need to be clear what it is you want to see as a result of the input and this will entail stating in advance on your map what your success criteria is. Before you even consider drafting a PM you should be very clear about what is in situ as your QFT model which should be accommodating most of the students most of the time. Additional and different mechanisms then are identified as you map your provision for individuals or co horts of students

8. acthell

acthell New commenter

Could I see your rationale too please thx helen

9. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Can you conversation me an e mail add?

acthell likes this.
  10. szi

szi New commenter

Hi Minnie me,
    Can I have a peek at this too please!

Thanks x

11. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Sure. You need to contact via conversation with an e mail add

12. veebee270

veebee270 New commenter

Could I be really cheeky and ask to have a look Minne me?
    x

13. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Vanessa - can you provide an e mail add ? Thanks

14. veebee270

veebee270 New commenter

It won't let me post one here and I can't see how to start a conversation!

15. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Ok I shall ' conversation you ' later . Check your profile

16. lspence5

lspence5 New commenter

Hi Minnie,

Could I jump on the wagon and ask about PM and any info you have would be much appreciated.

Desperate help :)

17. lspence5

lspence5 New commenter

18. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Should be with you . Cheers