1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Provision Mapping

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by angelface22, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Hi

I'd really appreciate it if you could share a copy with me too.

My email: shahid_hadeed@hotmail.com

2. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Can you double check that e mail add ? Cheers

3. Hi Please can I be cheeky and ask you to send me the same information I am a new SENCO and my head wants me to update our provision maps etc. I would really appreciate your help. Many many thanks

Vicki - gvllowe@aol.com

4. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

There you go Vicki !

5. brawlassie

brawlassie New commenter

Could you please send me a copy too? Thanks!

6. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Can you PM me an e mail add ?

7. CanI ask you for a copy too please? Sallykruczek@aol.com. Thank you

8. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Here you go .Happy Holiday !

9. Hi Minnie me,

I've just seen this thread, could you possibly send this on to me? Hannahstickels@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

10. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

All with you . Cheers

11. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

CherlyPL - email rejected ?

12. Hi,

Having looked at this thread, could I also be cheeky - would you be able to send it to me too please!

starsky_1978@yahoo.co.uk

Thank you!

13. Minnie Me I did try to message you please could I have a copy of your provision mapping as new to being a SENCo in Sept and we have no provision mapping to date #

Thanks

Juliewhittemore@stonehill.herts.sch.uk

14. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Of course happy to send what may be of use but I think that it is worth reminding colleagues that drafting an effective PM is not something done in isolation . It builds on the school's model of inclusive teaching and learning and so you have to identify / come to a consensus of what this looks like before addressing next steps.The rationale of mapping provision is sound but the processes , the interventions ( time limited ) the staffing / costing remains pertinent to each setting. I would also emphasise that identifying the priority learning need in the school is key ( for the PLASC ) and training ( if necessary ) to accommodate this is a priority. With the ceasing of ' levels ' all staff should be equipped to hone their formative assessment skills and although this may not be in the SENCo's remit these techniques should be highlighted in the setting's version of the ODC - routine and regular classroom practice. A PM is not a grid with things in it - it ' s not called a map without reason , so , to this end your objectives are your starting point, your strategies / intervention your route through , which hopefully get you to your destination ( success criteria ) without having to go 'off track ' - which is not beneficial in terms of time / cost . Make sense ?

15. Hi Minnie me, i know this was posted a while ago but do you still have this information and if so please could you send it to me? Thank you very much in advance rjhsizer@hotmail.co.uk.

16. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Julie / Bex - with you . Cheers .

17. strive2

strive2 New commenter

Please can you send me a copy.

Thank you in advance.

fisher3@sky.com

18. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

With you

19. Please can you also send me a copy.