1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Provide Children with Free School Meals during this Summer

Discussion in 'News' started by Nouri, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Nouri

Nouri New commenter

My kind of celebrity is the one that defends the vulnerable, the needy, the homeless and the weak like Marcus Rashford who appealed to the Government to ensure children receive free school meals into the summer holidays.

This is really embarrassing for a country full of billionaires, offshore account holders, property millionaires and yet not far from their residences, children (Yes children) not being able to eat decent meals. Their only crime is to be brought up in poor families who are struggling financially. This should not happen in 2020 and definitely not in a rich first class country. Time for our government to act and to act NOW!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ford-labour-boris-johnson-man-u-a9567571.html

safnor and DonutBoy99 like this.
  2. DonutBoy99

DonutBoy99 New commenter

Respect to the young man.
    I suspect Boris is too invested in fabricating smokescreen debate about saving statues to spend time on extending the FSM scheme...

3. DonutBoy99

DonutBoy99 New commenter

4. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

'More U turns than John Major'....

Any more similarities between the pre-Blair years and the enormous landslide that followed as a well spoken lawyer chap overthrew a long period of conservative rule?

5. TheHeadteachersOffice

TheHeadteachersOffice Occasional commenter

Welcome news that the government has relented and well done to Marcus Rashford for his campaigning.

I have to say I think some teachers have their priorities wrong- only 3 replies on this thread about ensuring our poorest students get fed in the summer, yet now over 700 posts on a thread arguing for teachers to be paid thousands of pounds for marking that does not exist!

6. ACOYEAR8

ACOYEAR8 Star commenter

Perhaps that's because teachers are working at providing online lessons, going into schools for year 10 meet-ups and haven't had the time to post their replies. It's a good thing , of course, that this food is provided.

Ro13 likes this.
  7. BillyBobJoe

BillyBobJoe Lead commenter

It's amazing that something so uncontroversial even you and a tory government can be rapidly persuaded it's a good thing doesn't generate substantial discussion. Everyone thinks it's a good idea. What's to discuss?

DonutBoy99 and jonnymarr like this.
  8. Ro13

Ro13 Occasional commenter

I would think every teacher agrees that it's fantastic news so therefore it doesn't need debating!!

9. install

install Star commenter

Another wind up imho :rolleyes: