1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Prospective PGDE (Secondary Maths) Glasgow / Strathclyde

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by kdrugan, May 2, 2011.

1. Hi,

I'm currently looking at applying in September to start the Secondary Maths PGDE next year at either Glasgow or Strathclyde.

I've tried searching on the Universities websites, and haven't managed to find a great deal of specifics on the structure of both courses. I was wondering if anyone here has / is studying at Glasgow or Strathclyde, and could shed a bit more light on the structure of the courses (especially even in general terms about contact hours and timetable structure - financial planning for the degree will be a lot simpler if I can get an idea of whether it might be viable to do a little part time work as well as Uni.) As well as that, any idea on course texts, that I can maybe try and pick up in advance and get to grips with beforehand would be great.

Thanks!
    - Kevin