1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Proposed new MFL National Curriculum Level Descriptors

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by HelenMyers, May 28, 2009.

1. spsmith45

spsmith45 New commenter

Yep - in case you missed this thread go and register your views before it's too late.

2. HelenMyers

HelenMyers New commenter

Here's a link to a collection of arguments put forward by people on the various fora ..
    http://www.all-london.org.uk/level_descriptors_09.htm
    It's been obvious from the fora and various meetings I've attended that there is a strong feeling at all levels against these changes but it is extremely improtant that the statistics from the website consultation reflect this opposition.
    Again, here's the direct link to the website .. it took me about 5 minutes to register and the form itself has 6 tick boxes and optional 200 words.
    http://www.qca.org.uk/qca_22260.aspx (then top right 'register ....')

3. This has long been part of Primary Languages. I always popped in my SOW to keep the powers that be happy, but then largely ignored it! Oh dear! Why can't people leave things alone? Levels are cr** anyway, it seems to me that this makes it worse. Plus, whatever is decided about record keeping in school, reporting to parents etc, there will be heads that will want us to show evidence to the Nth degree for all strands. Remember, technically we only really need to give a full level at the end of year 9 at the moment, but every school I've been in have wanted levels and sublevels from year 1!!! More strands, more levels, more hassle and more useless information which tells us nothing much at all IMHO! [​IMG]