1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Proofreaders wnated!

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by BrightonEarly, Aug 9, 2011.

1. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

If you use my languages website and you come across a broken link, a typing error, or a mistake, I really would appreciate it if you would post it here or send me a message so that I can correct it. I'm annoyingly pedantic as anyone who knows me will tell you, so I don't like the thought that pupils are using my activities to learn things which are incorrect!
    I hope you all realise the typo in the post title was intentional, but it was so hard to leave it like that!
    http://www.suttonhighmfl.110mb.com/index.htm

2. BrightonEarly

Thanks Incommunicado for inspiring me to add this post following your comment on an earlier thread.

3. Incommunicado

Incommunicado Occasional commenter

Pleased to help out, BrightonEarly. Good luck with your site.

4. BrightonEarly

Sorted. Thanks sarahger - that's exactly the kind of mistake I need to correct. Thanks for putting in the time.

5. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Ha ha, that'd be exactly me!! Would you, like me, happen to be slightly CDO? (you know, OCD, but with the letters organised alphabetically, as they bloody well should be)

I'll have a scan through the French area on Monday - I'm officially still on holiday (no, tessing doesn't count as teaching!)

6. BrightonEarly

Thanks Noemie, yes I am definitely CDO!

7. Hi BrightonEarly,
    As a fellow pedant, can I take you up on your request to let you know of any errors spotted on your website - which is most impressive, by the way?
    I was in the A level tab of the French section, in the Les Médias section - no 5 Cloze.
    One of the sentences is about loving sport, so it's live sport programmes that interest me the most - I think it should be ce sont and not se sont.

8. BrightonEarly

Mistake corrected, thanks for pointing it out gillcork. Glad you like the website. I hope there aren't too many errors in cloze activities, as I have to type them out in full again, you can't save a file which can be edited as with most of the other activity types.

9. Wow what a lot of work you have put in........i have been playing with it for a while and how generous to share it with all and sundry...
    I did notice that the country match up conveyor belt has a country called La Nederland
    I am sure you meant "les Pays Bas or La Hollande.....

10. BrightonEarly

Done! And thank you for the positive comments.

11. BrightonEarly

Any more errors? [​IMG]

12. BrightonEarly

By the way, 110mb are having a bit of an issue keeping servers online at the moment, so access to my website may be a bit erratic - I hope they sort this soon.