1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Promethean help

Discussion in 'Primary' started by emma891234, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Hi everyone.

During my pgce placements, I have always used a smart board. I'm going to be starting my nqt year and I've got a promethean board in my class. I've never used one before and I'm not familiar with the software and so panicking! I was hoping to have a play around with it before school begins but not been able to do this because I won't get my computer log in details until the first day back.

Would anybody able to give me any tips on the promethean board?

Thank you

2. I prefere the promethean board. Used it when a HLTA. However on placements everyone had smart boards and will be using one in my new school :(
    I have been able to download the smart board software for 30 days free trial, not sure if promethean do the same thing. Obviously haven't got a smart board at home but have been able to have a good look at the software.
    Might be worth a try.

Good luck!

3. Sillow

Sillow Senior commenter

Type it into YouTube. I've found SMART board demos on there before, there's bound to be Promethean and ActivPrimary stuff around.

4. It is fairly straight forward Emma. You can download the promethean software to your own computer as a trial version and play around with it until you go back
    http://activprimary.software.informer.com/
    You can also import smart board files to be used in activ primary (Promethean) also

5. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

go to Prometheanplanet's professional development section and you can do a free online basic course