1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Project management software for KS5

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by I_hate_dida, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Can anyone recommend project management software to create Gantt charts, I have been informed it cosst £33 per student for MS project which is out of my budget (I have 60 A-level students)

Thanks
    H

2. There are several free ones ; you can also do it on a spreadsheet or even just as a to-do list.
    Let's be honest ; the project management is a joke.

3. Gantt Project is completely free and cross-platform. Zoho has a project management online app that is free for 1 project.

4. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

5. If your school gets its MS software through "Schools Agreement" then you can sign up for the Academic Alliance for free (otherwise I think its about £250 ish per year). This give you access to a whole load of MS software including MS Project, obviously terms and conditions apply but it works for us.

6. clickschool

clickschool New commenter

7. MS Project - yes it's actually expensive. That's what people complain about it. There are a lot of alternatives which can be better and cheaper than MS Project.
    And you think spreadsheet can be comfortable to use? I don't think so. That's why people look for project management software because they want some features for them to easily handle projects.
    You guys can check project management software alternatives to see various software packages that will meet your criterias.

8. MS Project is expensive that is why many project managers do not use it. Though, it has great features but it's useless if your team will not be able to utilize them. My team uses a project management software that has features which we can utilize so it's not a waste of money to pay for something we can really use.