1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PROJECT BASED LEARNING - where can I get training?

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by the_mike, Nov 1, 2015.

1. the_mike

the_mike New commenter

Been tasked with leading a project for PBL - anyone know where i can get some formal training from?

2. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Can you clarify what you mean by PBL ? If you are looking at Collaborative Learning then google Kagan. There are some schools which are ' outstanding practitioners ' in this field maybe they can help with your training needs / have you observe / conduct a workshop / advise re providers although to be honest it is not rocket science. Important I think to know why PBL has been identified as an area for development and of course what you expect to see as a result of its implementation.

3. the_mike

the_mike New commenter

err.... Project Based Learning as in the subject heading

4. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

err just humour me here ....what does PBL look like and what do you hope to achieve by pursuing ? So ... what do you have in mind re impact / success criteria ? How will you know you have been successful ? What might this 'formal' training look like ?