1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

progression through UPS

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by sarahlougriff, Apr 17, 2012.

1. I am coming to the end of my first year on UPS 1, what do I need to do to progress onto UPS 2? Please can someone help?

2. mm38

mm38 New commenter

Wait another year. You need to spend 2 years on UPS1 to be considered for UPS2 and to have two successful PM reviews.

3. Hi, I am in this situation too. I've been on the Upper Pay Scale P00 1 for two years plus this academic year. I want to be considered for the UPS 2. How do I do this? What do I submit to my headteacher? I'm assuming that if I apply before the end of this academic year it will be back paid, is that right?

I have passed my last 2 performance management reviews, do I just need to submit them? Can you tell me where the official guidance on this is? My headteacher is challenging me on this one! He has mentioned proving my whole school impact all over again using the post threshold standards, which implies I need to make some sort of portfolio.

I cannot find any official guidance on this on the NUT website or DfE website.

Please help!

Thanks.

4. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter