1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Progression on to UPS

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by sphillpot, Sep 26, 2015.

1. sphillpot

sphillpot New commenter

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help.
    I have been at my current school since September 2014 on MPS 6. I have made it clear that I wish to progress onto the upper pay scale since starting, asking for more responsibility etc.
    I successfully completed all my performance management targets last year and was told I was/wasn't eligible for a pay rise.
    I have since been told that it takes 2 years to go through threshold (I have asked if we can take evidence from last year).
    I have been told that I need to provide a folder full of evidence to show I meet all the criteria. I asked for a copy of the schools pay policy but the finance team didn't have one.
    Does it take 2 years and what evidence would need to be in my folder?
    Thanks in advance for your help.

2. wanet

wanet Star commenter

Depends upon your school pay policy!

3. sphillpot

sphillpot New commenter

School became an academy last september and the academies pay policy and performance management paperwork has not yet been approved by our governors (although we are using it).

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

All I can do is repeat what was said above: we can give no advice on this as every school will have their own Pay Policy and their own requirements.

Sorry!

5. sphillpot

sphillpot New commenter

Thanks, I will now have to track down a copy of the school pay policy (although, no one seems to have one).

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Try the Business manager for starters, then the Deputy Head, @sphillpot

Good luck!