1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Programmes that Really Shouldn't make you weep

Discussion in 'Personal' started by disguise, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Got To Dance... can't help it but when they cry, I cry.

2. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

Biggest Loser (US version). Despite how incredibly cheesy it is I can't help but shed a little tear when the series is near it's end and you see the contestants talking about their 'journey'.

3. It's terrible isn't it?! We're adults and should be able to see through the ****! One Born Every Minute makes me weep too - when the men cry!

4. nikkib_1986

nikkib_1986 New commenter

I cry at everything. Anything slightly emotional gets me going. Yes I was just crying as Becky left Corrie. OH has resorted to just rolling his eyes now!

5. Tonight's The Night with John Barrowman, definitely my guilty, teary pleasure !

6. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

I cried when Roy said that he loved her! And how gorgeous was Danny??![​IMG]

7. I cry during Holby, every week. It's a great source of amusement to my offspring.

8. I cried when Becky stopped the cab, went over to Roy and Hayley and just hugged them! That was an excuse for to have a good old weep!

9. DIY SOS - oh good God

10. Seriously this little boy on tonight's episode is too cute. What a weepie.

11. Yep - it did it for me too! Mr Dance says I'm not allowed to watch it if I blub!

12. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

The biggest sobfest on TV for me is Secret Millionaire. I need a box of tissues beside me to watch it.
    I hit a new low a few years ago when I shed a tear at Masterchef when one competitor pulled off ravioli with a runny egg yolk in. I was so impressed [​IMG]

13. skirky

skirky New commenter

DIY SOS made me cry tonight too. I always cry at Long Lost Family too,[​IMG]

14. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Crying at such stuff!
    Are you lot on the gin?

15. cheesypop

cheesypop Occasional commenter

I normally fill up at DIY SOS, I did last night, but last week's (man with motor neurone disease) had me actually sobbing uncontrollably - my eyes were still puffy the next day.
    Still - can laugh at the *** on the Apprentice afterwards!

16. cheesypop

cheesypop Occasional commenter

My the filter is fiesty today - I only wrote id.iots!

17. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

Yep - I cry at all the above except for Corrie & 1 born every minute - dont watch those.

18. Rare as heck I cry at the telly - there was one episode of One Born Every Minute that did reduce me to tears - was the one where they were talking about previous miscarriages and how that had affected how they were feeling - that one had me bawling my eyes out by the end - but that's kind of inevitable since it mirrored where we were at the time as well.
    Otherwise the usual catalyst nowadays is absolutely anything with shots of premature babies - again just bad memories coming out.
    In general though I'm quite hard-hearted when it comes to the telly!

19. Me too. DIY SOS yesterday!

20. More DIY SOS - lump in the throat time... Bless the little chap - although strangely he looks like a mini Julian!