1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Profile details to parents

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by greenpaddy, Jul 9, 2011.

1. greenpaddy

greenpaddy New commenter

Can you tell me whether you normally share these scores with parents at the end of Reception? Have a son in Reception and report uses school grades A / B / C / D with + / - . Would like to know wherte he is on his numeracy ones esp as he has scored a C below average and never been told all year this was an issue!

2. I thought it was statutary to share the actual profile results with parents. We write a report and include printout from e-profile.

3. NettyMc

NettyMc New commenter

We will also be giving parents a copy of e-profile printout alongside the report. This is the first year we have done this. Do you normally include a letter explaining what the scores mean and/or a copy of the assessment scales?

4. greenpaddy

greenpaddy New commenter

Many thanks for your replies. I am going to ask teacher can I discuss report with her. I have not been pushy at all this year as did not want the label of pushy teacher - parent who knows more than the teacher . This child is my third and from a parent point of view definitely more able than his two older brothers were. Having two much older brothers however he is different to the norm ! He will often say things are boring and does not want to do it - but will give you full details / instructions / explanations about other topics!! He will retell books, stories back to you exactly and discuss scenes, use of vocabulary etc. He plays school at home and teaches his teddies numbers / sounds etc so it is clear what he knows / does not know.