1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

proffesional development observations

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by ChrisMcG, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Teachers at our school have just had proffesional development observations and HT has decided for the first time to feed back from the lesson to teachers together with their TA. I feel this proffesional feedback should be confidential and let the teacher feed back to the TA if appropriate. But HT doesn't understand "my problem and what the secret is as - we are a team". I fully respect my TA and dont see it as a secret but as my special time to discuss my development confidentially. Am I being unreasonable?

2. oliverferret

oliverferret New commenter

Your school should have a performance management policy. Performance management should be confidential - this link gives you more details.

http://www.nut.org.uk/files/Perf-Mgmt-REPS-4999.pdf

3. This wouldn't be allowed in my school; it should be a private matter, for both of you! Your lesson observation could be addressed separately from your performance management, and so could your TA's performance. We have a TA co-ordinator who observes the TAs in a role the teachers have given them to do and gives feedback in their Performance Management. We are observed by our line leader, and the observation feedback is given on the day of the observation (on the whole), possibly in our Performance Management interview if it's happening that day.

NB ......should be spelt 'professional' [​IMG]