1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Professional Update PRD - GTCS

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by GuessWho, Jun 20, 2015.

1. GuessWho

GuessWho Occasional commenter

Having just completed 2014-2015 Professional Update (PRD) and started a new one for 2015-2016 it crossed my mind that does anyone at the GTCS actually read what I have submitted.

If they do then I had a bit of fun with figures.

Currently there are around 48,000 teachers in Scotland.

If someone at GTCS spends 10 mins reading each PU this would take 480,000 minutes.

This is 8,000 hours.

For a 35 hour working week this equates to around 228 days.

So, have GTSC appointed some poor soul whose sole(!) job is to spend all day, all year reading our Professional Updates (PRD)?

I suspect not!

2. Effinbankers

Effinbankers Lead commenter

Of course not!

Where else in society do year hear of an organisation charging £50 a head for membership and then insisting that the payer does their work for them?

3. halfajack

halfajack Occasional commenter

No - that's what your headteacher, or whoever has been endowed with the power of hitting the sign-off button, is for.

4. GuessWho

GuessWho Occasional commenter

I know that!!!

But was having a bit of fun!

I was hoping that my £50 would mean that someone would be checking up on me just in case I had not been a good boy and my Headie hadn't noticed!

5. missormizz

missormizz New commenter

It is actually better than we might think and nixes the idea that we need screeds of evidence - some LA forms on PRD and CPD are Kafka-esque.