1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

professional development reviews

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by Horsemadlady, Sep 15, 2011.

1. I wondered if anyone could help please? Are teachers able to request which member of SMT conducts their indivdual performace reviews? We have been assigned a member of the SMT this year however, I feel extremely uncomfortable with the person who has been selected to do my review. I do not wish to make a fuss, or to draw any attention to it but this member of the SMT has broken trust and confidentaily with me before and I would like another member of the SMT to do mine. Would it be unreasonable to request this? Many thanks

2. I wondered if anyone could help please? Are teachers able to request which member of SMT conducts their indivdual performace reviews? We have been assigned a member of the SMT this year however, I feel extremely uncomfortable with the person who has been selected to do my review. I do not wish to make a fuss, or to draw any attention to it but this member of the SMT has broken trust and confidentaily with me before and I would like another member of the SMT to do mine. Would it be unreasonable to request this? Many thanks

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

You could ask not to have the person assigned to you and state why. But you would be relying on the goodwill of the HT to grant this. You certainly cannot ask for the person you want.

4. That's ok thank you. I don't mind who it is but I just don't trust this member of staff to keep the meeting confidentail or report the truth. Thank you I will try and have a quiet word in the morning.

5. mickeyforpresident

mickeyforpresident New commenter

You actually have a right to appeal to the HT against the assigned reviewer.

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

You have the right to appeal, but the HT does not have to change the reviewer just because you appeal.