1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Professional conduct meeting genuinely shocked!

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by j_pink, Nov 17, 2016.

1. j_pink

j_pink New commenter

A little advice please.

My TMR job role changed during maternity leave.I was taken away from the area that I had developed to Good/Oustanding provision over four years (which received regiobal recognition and praise from HMI) and plonked back in my faculty.

Whilst away on maternity we got a new HOF.

I was then observed four weeks into my return to work and deemed RI. Naturally, because I had a baby at home and had taken a year off. I did not feel ready.

I have since improved and my overall professional grading is at least Good.

I decided to advise my Head that I would be moving on in the spring and he was very polite and supportive. So it seemed.

7 days later, I have received a letter to a formal meeting questioning my professional conduct. I have no idea why. I have stacks of evidence from previous conversations with SLT praising my professional conduct and work ethic. Even the head has complimented me on this. I feel cheated. I feel I am being pushed out beyond my control. I smell malpractice.

Any advice?
    My union rep is supporting me.

2. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

****. **** **** ****.

Ensure your union is supporting at a higher level than your school rep. You had a complaint the moment your TLR changed while you were on maternity leave - but your 'protected period' of being pregnanct or on maternity leave ended when you went back.

Please ensure union is engaging with this at the right level. It seems to me that there is a lot of unpicking to do by someone who really understands employment law. I smell malpractice too. There must still be a complaint in this (probably for breach of contract) but it needs careful analysis to work out what is going on.

emerald52 and Lara mfl 05 like this.