1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Professional Body tax rebate

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mprimaryz, Mar 7, 2011.

1. mprimaryz

mprimaryz New commenter

There was an email left on the staff room table today from a third party company (can't remember their name) but it said that as teachers who subscribe to professional bodies (NUT, NASUWT, GTC etc) can claim part of their subscriptions back for whatever reason (technical jargon) I know.

Obviously the third party company would take a bit of a cut but having paid subscriptions for a few years I thought it would be worth looking in to. I've given it a google and NASUWT has a pdf which seems to confirm the above. Just wondering if anyone one here has gone through the above and have any pointers? I would call the tax office now but alas they are closed so that's a job for tomorrow.

Any advice/tips would be greatly received.

2. Hi
    I have just applied myself there is a letter on the web site I just googled tax rebate and teachers I think. I spoke to the unions we get 2/3 of the uniion fees back plus GTC and you can go back 6 years. Union will tell you how much you paid
    Easy

S

3. mprimaryz

mprimaryz New commenter

Brilliant! I shall do that now. Thanks