1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Production Ideas

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by schnapple, Jan 19, 2017.

1. schnapple

schnapple New commenter

I am in need of some inspiration for our summer event. every year we put on a production in our school gardens, in the past we have looked at language plays, modern fairy-tales Shakespeare. This year I have been told I have 45 minutes in total and it needs to be light. any ideas appreciated

2. ViolaClef

ViolaClef Lead commenter

@schnapple What age group will this be for?

A play or a musical?

3. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

Please do consider doing a poetry performance - or perhaps more than one if time permits. I've written so many story poems many of which have characters and speaking parts in them. I'd be delighted to help you with suggestions if you contact me, or give me an idea of what you want. If the performances are really good, you may like to film them and I'd be glad to link to the film on your school website to inspire the thousands of other schools that come to my website from all over the world. In particular I'm thinking of my long poem: "Welcome to My Ark" which has many animals in it. The children could make animal masks etc. I'd be thrilled to work with you in any way I can. Go to my website (Google JOSIE'S POEMS). i hold the copyright on all my work and so am lucky enough to be at liberty to let you use it in any way that you suggest - which I am sure I'd approve.

4. Danthespaniel

Danthespaniel New commenter

One of the NT Connections plays??? E.g. Ruckus in the Garden is based around MSND. It's funny and accessible for secondary school actors...and it's set outdoors!

schnapple likes this.