1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Product Design Surgery on FB

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by ianleitch, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Thats 112!!

Keep it going!

Some very interesting discusions going on !

Use of moodle, laser cuttters, discussions on CA etc

Come and join!

Ian

2. I must say that this incredible design and technology needs a lot more people to join to make it useful. Keeping it on the front page of the TES forum might help you to improve your DT sustainability. buy gripgo phone mount

3. Currently on 128 and still growing!
    Keep the word going out... lots of interesting things to look at now.. come and see!
    Ian

4. Now Ian has created a really useful group we really do need to meet face to face and share our ideas. Surely we can host a couple of Saturday sessions? I will offer a venue in Bradford. Anyone offer one down south?

5. 144 Product Design interested Teachers and other! Keep the word going out!!

6. Well thats 175 tuned in Product Design Teachers! Keep them coming and maybe we can turn this into an amazing resource... before the government changes DT for the worse!

7. I think Vic Ryan has got it wrong this year as far as the exam prep theme is concerned. Any thoughts?

9. To answer your question over V Ryan, I think you are right. I guess it would be more on the lines of a MacDonalds happy meal package. This is just like last year's exam paper but the focus on the packaging net is food instead of perfume products. That's the way I'm pitching it anyhow.

10. Without a doubt, this is one of the ways forward to promote good practice. Is it possible for students to post their work on a focused FB site. Students appear completely at ease in communicating in this media. Maybe it will become possible to harness their enthusiasm for D&T and highlight the excellent work that is out there.

11. I have a possible venue in Ashford Kent. Is that south enough?

12. I can offer a venue in Birmingham.

13. The meeting is provisionally booked for Wednesaday 26th June 2013 from 6pm until 8pm at Holy Trinity ALC in Barnsley. Please message me if you are interested in coming, we want to get as many people as possible there and the venue will hold upto 150. It will be a series of five minute presentations followed by a bit of networking / social followed by a few more presentations. I am hoping to get a blog going where people who come or would have liked to have come can join in and see where we go from there.

14. Great to see this happening! Need more of this self help!

15. This is a superb idea, just joined and already found a number of really helpful comments and resources. Thank you

16. As of now... that is 224 people in the Product Design Surgery.
    Keep the info flowing it is starting to become a very good resource.

17. That's brilliant Ian. What sort of numbers do we have for the Barnsley meeting? Do we know yet?

18. That's brilliant Ian. How many do we have for the Barnsley meeting? Do we know yet?

19. We now need the sane doing here Ian

20. Now exceeded 300 members! Keep up the good work team!