1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Product Design - Anthropometric data/images

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by kbergwerf, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Hi
    Can anyone guide me to anthropometric data / visual images to use as a resource with Y10/11 product design pupils. I really need anthropometric data/images for age 0-7years.

2. Spencer_DT

Spencer_DT Occasional commenter

Why not do some product analysis/measuring of products which are specifically designed for your target market, namely; 0-7 year olds? If you have a small group of studnets why not visit a local Mothercare for example, there are a wide range of products with varying functions and applications. The students will be able to quickly see the difference in sizes and relate this back to ergonomics at the very least. First time I really experience anthropometrics was when I revisted my primary school as a teenager and sat on the chair I used when 9 years old. Just a suggestion, see what you think?
    Cheers
    Spencer

3. bigpedro

bigpedro New commenter

If you PM me your email, i recently downloaded a couple of studies into child size data. Its fairly heavy, professional stuff but i'm sure you could tailor it to suit y10/11

Pedro

4. Send a blank CD and a SAE to Brian Russell Dixons City Academy Ripley Street Bradford BD5 7RR (add anote so I know what you are after)

5. timbdesign

timbdesign New commenter

The latest version of Creo 3D modelling software (formerly Pro|ENGINEER) has a fully positionable Manikin to test products. It also shows field of vision and has analysis tools to test reach, load lifting capability etc. You can even get the model to move the controls on the Greenpower car the team has designed! All free in the latest Schools Version of Creo.
    Teachers can get a perpetual schools license by completing accredited training through the Digital Design & Technology Programme - www.digitaldandt.org or through www.ptcschools.com