1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Producing Creative Texts - AQA Moving Images

Discussion in 'English' started by potatohead99, Jan 8, 2012.

1. I am teaching this for the first time. I was wondering - do you think it's acceptable to use a speech, such as the one in Coach Carter - and then get the students to write their own passionate speeches? Would that fit the specification? Everything I have read is a bit vague!! Any help would be very gratefully received.

2. GloriaSunshine

GloriaSunshine New commenter

I would let them choose their own scene and then get them to list possible pieces of writing that would fit the criteria. They could then plan for the one that appeals to them. I did that with my middle set although I did model that for them first, and most came up with something. I would hate to mark thirty attempts at passionate speeches!

3. Thanks GloriaSunshine - much appreciated. I think I'm just nervous as the spec is new and I don't want to make any mistakes!