1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

procedure for striking?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by breadmaker, Jun 20, 2011.

1. breadmaker

breadmaker New commenter

As the 30th is approaching, does anyone know what the protocol/procedure is with regard to striking? So far, my HT hasn't mentioned or referred to it and I wonder if he is just assuming we will all be in or out of school en masse and do I need to inform him verbally or in writing of my intention to take the action voted for by my uinion?
    Thanks for any replies

2. breadmaker

breadmaker New commenter

As the 30th is approaching, does anyone know what the protocol/procedure is with regard to striking? So far, my HT hasn't mentioned or referred to it and I wonder if he is just assuming we will all be in or out of school en masse and do I need to inform him verbally or in writing of my intention to take the action voted for by my uinion?
    Thanks for any replies

3. Apparently, you don't strictly need to, but it is considered good form - most heads usually ask to be told either in writing (one way or another - ie for ease) or verbally - we just sent a tick list around the school with people's names on and ticked if we were striking then gave it to the head.
    Depends on your school size/relationship with the head etc, but I'd just stick your head around the door and say 'hiya, just to let you know I'm a member of NUT/ATL and am following their call to strike on 30th so I won't be in school that day. Toodles'.

4. breadmaker

breadmaker New commenter