1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Problems with Microsoft Office trial

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Fiona L, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Today I downloaded a free 60 day trial of Microsoft Office onto my netbook. I was emailed a product key to put in the first time I load up word but when I entered it, it said 'incorrect key'. I've tried several times and it just won't take it yet it was the one I was emailed!
    I don't know how to sort this out as when you go online, there aren't really any email or phone numbers to ring and the help thing doesn't have anything about what to do if the product key you've been given doesn't work!
    I suppose I'll just have to accept I can't use it even though I've now got a 60 day trial - argh, so frustrating!

2. Today I downloaded a free 60 day trial of Microsoft Office onto my netbook. I was emailed a product key to put in the first time I load up word but when I entered it, it said 'incorrect key'. I've tried several times and it just won't take it yet it was the one I was emailed!
    I don't know how to sort this out as when you go online, there aren't really any email or phone numbers to ring and the help thing doesn't have anything about what to do if the product key you've been given doesn't work!
    I suppose I'll just have to accept I can't use it even though I've now got a 60 day trial - argh, so frustrating!

3. You can have mine when I find it?

4. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Just buy a full version from software4students or similar. Around forty quid. Saves faffing around altogether.

5. I could do. I'm just worried about what might happen if I do that and the product key doesn't work again then - I will lose my money! Grrr, so ****** off. I was emailed the product key, I've tried to enter it and it's telling me it's wrong - arghhh!

6. Would I need to uninstall the trial one first?

7. Be sure that you have not confused 1 and l, O and 0 etc when you entered the key,

8. Good point Joe but I definitely put it in correctly. So strange that it says it's incorrect as that was the one I was given!

9. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

nope

10. Thanks for all the tips everyone!

11. I was also going to suggest OpenOffice.
    It is what I use at home - and I can still transfer my data from home to my work computer and vice versa.
    And it is free [​IMG]

12. Agree, I use it too.