1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Problems with logging in to the forums

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by TES_Rosaline, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

I can ensure that I am logged out simply by changing my cookie retention setting in FF (48.01) from "keep cookies until they expire" to "until I close firefox" but that affects other sites as well.
    I guess I will have to find out which cookie is responsible

2. dmorgantini

dmorgantini Administrator Staff Member

Ah. That is the result of something that I'm doing to close off some old services. You can log off by going to www.tes.com and logging off from there and in the meantime I'll fix that issue.

3. dmorgantini

4. dmorgantini

5. Didactylos4

Ta muchly.
    I appreciate the fast response

6. Didactylos4

@dmorgantini
    Just out of interest and (now puzzlement) I am currently logged in on community but logged out on the TES.com home page/jobs/etc.
    I 'll try reversing the process and log in there first

7. Didactylos4

and if I log in on the .com side I log in here but if I log out there I stay logged in here.
    It's amusing me now :)

8. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Brilliant! This is the first time I have managed to login on my iPad. I wouldn't have thought to try logging in from a different part of the site. Fingers crossed now!

9. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

I meant to say thank you.

10. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Just flagging up an unexpected log-out.

Been fine earlier this morning.Then just now moved from another tab (not from this site) and found myself logged out. Tried going to Jobs and resources where sometimes the problem resolves itself, bit no joy.

11. Lara mfl 05

And just now again. Using Firefox and it saves my tabs from my last visit and found myself logged out again.:(

12. cliftonc

cliftonc Administrator Staff Member

@Lara mfl 05 thanks for reporting, one quick question - do you select the 'Stay logged in' tick box when you login?

logged_in.png

13. Lara mfl 05

14. Lara mfl 05

And just happened again :(

Here's a screenshot upload_2016-8-25_17-28-42.png
    and when I click on 'already have an account it then takes me to the Log in page you've shown above.

Attached Files:

15. Tworks

Tworks New commenter

Why the Sign in link is at the Regster page?!

16. anon8836

anon8836 New commenter

I have tried everything to login. I have even changed to Chrome Browser which I was told would do the trick. This has worked for several weeks and then low and behold I can't log in again - and yes, I have cleared the browser as you said. I do believe that there must be a fault with TES because this doesn't happen on other websites and never on my own. So I'm sorry that I can't give the teacher new material for the start of the year because I can't login. Josie Whitehead

17. Carlav

Carlav New commenter

18. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hello @anon8836,

Sorry to hear that you can't log in to the forums. Can you log in to another part of the site or is it just the forums? If you can log in to another part of the site can you navigate to the forums without being kicked out? Have you already logged this issue with the Customer Services Team?

I'll log the issue with the Customer Services Team and the techies and see if we can get to the bottom of the problem.

Please bear with us while we try to resolve the issue.

In the meantime, please can you tell me what device you are using? Thank you.

19. Landofla

Landofla Established commenter

I can't log in from my phone. The page never loads.

20. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hello @Landofla,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your message.

Sorry that you are having problems accessing the site. Can you log in to the site now?

What phone are you using?

Thank you