1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Problems with logging in to the forums

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by TES_Rosaline, Mar 9, 2016.

1. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hi @Didactylos4,

Sorry to hear that you are being logged out again. No need to re-post in the other thread now that I've read your posts here.

Thank you. I'll pass on the information. Have you been logged out today?

2. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Not so far
    But I'm just popping in and out

3. Didactylos4

Just had a thought which may allow me to identify any problems from my end.
    @TES_Rosaline
    Is there still a "time out" log-out based on a period of inactivity on the forums and if so after what period does it trigger?

If there is I can try blocking/unblocking various site cookies etc and see if that triggers the problem Currently (according to my software) I'm not blocking anything bar the adverts but reading up on the software I use elsewhere, there may be a residual effect even when the blocking is switched to "trust this site")
    Knowing the time-out will allow me time to experiment with this and if it is this problem may allow me to find a solution that I can communicate to you and other users

4. TES_Rosaline

Hello @Didactylos4,

I need to check how long the time out period lasts for. But a member of the dev team will be in touch with you next week to try to get to the bottom of this current problem.

In the meantime, please log any incidents over the weekend and my colleague will ask you more questions on Monday? Thank you.

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Have a good weekend.

5. TES_Matt

TES_Matt Administrator Staff Member

Hi @Didactylos4,

We have applied a setting to your account that we hope will make your session more stable. Please let us know here if you get any more random log outs. Thank you.

6. Didactylos4

Will do @TES_Matt and many thanks :)

TBH there hasn't been any over the weekend at all which has been nice.

7. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

I would not be at all surprised if the use of multiple accounts upon the same platform is proving problematic for particular people.

8. Didactylos4

@TES_Matt
    There seems to be one minor glitch in that I cannot now log-out using the manual option in the dropdown on the top right profile but it does log me out if I leave TES and close the browser so I can live with that quite happily.

Only discovered when I was leaving the site

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  9. Didactylos4

See post #88
    I have got a video screen recording of this latest "glitch" should you need it but really don't want put it up on a public video sharing site so if you need it I'll e-mail it as an attachment.

Unless you are OK with it going up on youtube?

10. TES_Matt

TES_Matt Administrator Staff Member

Thank you - are you able to send it in a PM to myself or is it too big?

We were expecting this as a potential side effect - have you experienced any random logouts since we made the change to your account?

11. Didactylos4

:D

Not one since I last flagged it up.

Dunno...
    I can't find a way to attach it as a file. but I can upload it to youtube as a restricted file and pm it via the media link.

12. Didactylos4

13. Didactylos4

@TES_Matt
    The side effect seems to have been cured
    Many thanks :D

14. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Hello. I posted my problem on June 13th and still cannot login from my ipad in Safari. I have no problems at all from this laptop. I would love to be able to join in more easily and I would love an answer please. Can anyone help?

15. TES_Rosaline

Hello @Sundaytrekker,

Sorry for the delay in responding to you.

We are investigating the issue and will get back to you as soon as we can.

16. dmorgantini

dmorgantini Administrator Staff Member

@Sundaytrekker I have started a private conversation to see if we can get to the bottom of this.

17. Tworks

Tworks New commenter

I have the same problem!

18. TES_Rosaline

Hello @Tworks,

Welcome to the TES Community. Sorry that you are experiencing technical issues.

Please can you confirm that you are also using an iPad and Safari?

What device are you using now to log on to the forums?

Thank you.

19. Didactylos4

For the likes of @TES_Matt @TES_Rosaline etc
    Now when I try to log out of TES I get this
    upload_2016-8-23_12-26-17.png
    And even after closing down my connection to the web, when I return to TES I am logged in.
    I'm actually not too keen on that so would welcome suggestions

20. Didactylos4