1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Problems with logging in to the forums

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by TES_Rosaline, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Hello Rosaline. My ipad is an ipad air (first version) running IOS 9.3.2. I am using safari browser.

Would love to solve the problem!

2. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

3. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

Rosaline - The slowness is ONLY on this website, not on any others. I have five websites and this doesn't happen. TES needs to do something about it because you need plenty of time in order to come onto this site.

4. TES_Rosaline

Hello @JosieWhitehead,

Thank you for your feedback.

Sorry that the site is so slow for you. Is it the same on all the devices that you use to access the forums? I'll pass this on to the dev team. Out of interest, what device, browser and version are you using?

5. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

Yes, for certain it is Rosaline. After each action I have to wait and wait. I usually go away and work on whatever I'm doing and come back a minute or two later in order to proceed. It is only on the TES website that this happens. Strange! I'm very sorry to have to tell you this.

6. TES_Rosaline

Hello @JosieWhitehead,

Apologies for the delay in responding to you.

Thank you for letting me know. I will pass on this information to the technical team to look into.

7. suepoole2003

suepoole2003 New commenter

How do you use the bit.ly links. I have googled and can not find a solution.

8. TES_Rosaline

Hi @suepoole2003,

Thank you for your question.

You can use bit.ly links in the same way as normal links.

Once you have shortened the link, you need to copy it and select the link (chain) icon above:

upload_2016-7-11_15-7-7.png

A pop-up box will appear:

upload_2016-7-11_15-7-53.png

Paste the bit.ly link in the URL box and then click on the blue 'Insert' button:

upload_2016-7-11_15-8-54.png

The link should appear highlighted in blue in the comment box, similar to the bit.ly link below:

http://bit.ly/29yP7Bl

I hope this helps.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  9. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

I am remarkably grateful to the TES software system which, over recent weeks, has decided, very frequently, that I am spending far too much time on here and insists on logging me out.
    (mostly just after I have posted a reply)
    This has, mostly, been a boon to my continued sanity, has sometimes prevented me from worsening an acute medical condition and has been a reminder that I possibly too often take the discussions on here too seriously and continue them for far too long.

It has not however been particularly good for my blood pressure or my attempts to stop using inappropriate language.

;)

10. TES_Rosaline

Hi @Didactylos4,

Sorry to hear that the system is logging you out. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

I'll pass this on to my colleagues to look into. Please can you tell me the name of your browser and device?

Thank you.

11. Didactylos4

FF 47.0 and Win 7 Rosaline

12. dmorgantini

dmorgantini Administrator Staff Member

Hi @Didactylos4,

Quick question for you. Next time you are logged out, can you visit https://www.tes.com and let me know if you are still logged in there? Ie: does your avatar appear on the top right corner.

Thanks,

David

13. Didactylos4

@dmorgantini
    I will do but I did check that the first few times and I wasn't.
    I remembered that from the last gerbil frolic

14. dmorgantini

dmorgantini Administrator Staff Member

Ok. Two other questions then:

a) Do you have other tabs open with TES?
    b) Have you tried 'stay logged in'?
    b.1) Do you know how long since you logged in (assuming you didn't use stay logged in) you were logged out or is it random?
    b.2) is it always related to a specific event (ie: posting) or does it happen randomly based on different events.

15. Didactylos4

Only very rarely

Yep, made no discernible difference

It's random. I tried timing it but the values were so variable it seemed pointless after a while.

Almost entirely following posting but has happened after editing a post.

I also tried screen recording but I have new software and the resultant files were very unsatisfactory .

16. Didactylos4

I should add that due to worsening health problems I am struggling to provide my usual forensic levels of problem reporting

17. TES_Rosaline

Hello @Didactylos4, Sorry to hear about your health problems. I hope you feel better soon.

18. Didactylos4

I'll heal @TES_Rosaline but thanks a lot :)

I only mentioned it because I can usually give dmorgantini or yourself pretty exact details, screenshots and the like and at the moment I can't be as informative as usual.
    I haven't yet got used to my diminished abilities and it still rankles.:(
    I'll get over it :oops:

However I haven't yet been logged out today and now I have worked out how to use the new screen recorder I haven't had anything but perfect performance on here. :(

Either someone has pushed the right buttons or the gerbils have been taking the mickey again. :D

19. Didactylos4

And having stopped recording my every move on here (I had to keep deleting LARGE files) the bug is back
    Just posted on here

Immediately got logged out across the whole of TES.
    Post was accepted but when the screen cycled back to the thread I was logged out.
    Does anyone sell gerbil traps
    Humane or otherwise :mad::D

20. Didactylos4

@TES_Rosaline
    Do you want me to transfer/post further updates to the bugs thread?