1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Problems with logging in to the forums

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by TES_Rosaline, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

Hi @TES_Rosaline

Only ever use a PC or laptop and the browser on one is Chrome the other is IE (no idea what number)
    My cache is so clean you could eat yer dinner off it :D

2. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Thank you @Spiritwalkerness.

Glad to hear it.:D

3. yusufcpi

yusufcpi New commenter

I'm does not faced on login in this forum . The log in programming is very smooth

4. MonstieBags

MonstieBags Occasional commenter

How do you change your profile name - will I have to re register with a new name as mine is too personal

5. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hello @tonifrancis1,

You can change your username by sending an email to help@tesglobal.com with your request to change username, and what you would like your username to be.

6. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

@Spiritwalkerness
    You can usually find this for IE by going into help or the gear icon and clicking on About IE
    It's similar for Chrome

7. Spiritwalkerness

Ah but Dacty, if I cared, I'd have known that. I'm a 'switch the poot on and off I go' kinda gal :D

8. Didactylos4

But that sort of info really does help the technicians trying to solve problems.
    This may be useful if you have a problem Spirit

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  9. Didactylos4

Gerbils are being awkward again
    Trying to log in on the community section gives me this

upload_2016-6-8_16-9-0.png

Repeatedly too
    Can log in through any of the .com side windows (home, jobs etc)

FF46.01/Win 7 Ghostery and Adblock active (no difference when they aren't btw)

10. rachel_g41

rachel_g41 Established commenter

Yes, me too, as Didactylos4 above. Had to log in via jobs.

11. cliftonc

cliftonc Administrator

Afternoon all - we're working on it now, sorry for the inconvenience - should be fixed in a few minutes.

12. cliftonc

cliftonc Administrator

This should now be fixed.

13. Geoff Thomas

Geoff Thomas Star commenter

14. Didactylos4

Yep
    The gerbils have been returned to their cages :D

15. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Still getting the odd blip.
    Still finding myself occasionally 'not logged in' yet if I click on another page I am.

Today I also had that 'You have insufficient privileges to access this page' when clicking on TES Community.
    So not quite all the gerbils! ;)

16. Spiritwalkerness

Is batting my eyelashes no longer useful? It's worked a treat for so long :p

I do know more stuff than I let on

17. Didactylos4

I DO know that
    But others may not

18. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Hi @TES Resource Team _Rosaline . When I try to log in from my ipad I get a username invalid message. I can log in fine from my laptop but I really want to be able to access the site in the evenings when I don't want to get the laptop out. The username and password must be fine or I wouldn't have logged in just now from my laptop. I have tried clearing the cache on the ipad. Any ideas?

19. cliftonc

cliftonc Administrator

Morning @Sundaytrekker, sorry to hear you're having problems. Can you let me know what sort of iPad (ideally what version of IOS if you know it?) and which browser you are using? We do test using iPad's here, and I checked this morning and was able to login fine on mine, so if you can provide me with more detail we'll see if we can get to the bottom of it.

20. cliftonc

cliftonc Administrator

@Lara mfl 05 the team who run the forums are still looking into these issues, hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it soon.