1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Problems with logging in to the forums

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by TES_Rosaline, Mar 9, 2016.

1. peggylu

peggylu Star commenter

2. peggylu

peggylu Star commenter

Thank you so much for answering my question and providing me with lots of options to try to identify the problem or send you further info about it. Unfortunately I access these threads on my phone and haven't the first idea how to capture a screen grab(?) or clear a cache! My husband is laughing his head off just at me telling him that this is what I need to do! Anyway, It was only a throwaway reply to a comment so I'll just leave this one unsaid, but I didn't want you to think I had ignored you as you were very kind getting back to me so quickly. I'd love to know what part of my quite innocuous post was condemned though, just out of curiosity :) Again thanks and I'll hope for better luck with my future comments. xx

3. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

You're welcome @peggylu. Thank you for replying to my message.

Is it possible to start another thread in the same forum?

Apologies again for the difficulties that you have experienced when you tried to reply to a post in Education news. I hope it has not put you off posting here.

In the meantime, I'll pass on the information to the dev team and see if they can investigate the issue.

4. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Oh Bother!!!
    or words to that effect :mad:
    @TES_Rosaline
    Please ignore post #19 as random log outs after posting messages are back with a vengeance. 3 this morning already :(

Just when you think you have an answer the gerbils sneak up on you

5. TES_Rosaline

Sorry to hear that @Didactylos4. Those pesky gerbils are up to no good again. Thank you for letting us know.

I'll pass this on to the dev team and see what they can do.

6. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

It's awful just now. Logged out between each page.

7. Flere-Imsaho

And better now.

Is it Kevin the Gerbil you have running things?

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  8. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

You can buy humane traps for gerbils TES and at this rate I may be willing to contribute to help you get some :mad:

9. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

[​IMG]

10. TES_Rosaline

I hope not. Sorry you were logged out @Flere-Imsaho. Is everything OK now? If you are near the end of the two-hour session you will be logged out. Have you ticked the box to stay logged in?

11. Flere-Imsaho

Usually I have no problems. It was just yesterday lunchtime - logged out between every page. I got bored logging back in every time and once I posted that wandered off. When I came back it worked again!

12. TES_Rosaline

Thank you @Flere-Imsaho. Sorry about the problems you have been experiencing. Please bear with us while we try to resolve the issue.

The dev team is aware of the issue and the problem is being investigated. Please can you let me know if you are logged out again today?

We are trying to eliminate some possible causes so if anyone has any log out issues please can you report it on this thread?

Thank you.

13. anotherauntsally

anotherauntsally Lead commenter

I had no problems when I was logged in permanently but since I cancelled that, I keep being logged out again – it's not been as bad as Flere's experiences, though. It tends to happen when I click back from the thread I've been reading to the thread list and happens more often when there's a link on the thread that I've had a quick look at. It also happens often when I come back after just looking briefly at another site (newspaper or BBC usually), yet sometimes I can watch a whole programme on iPlayer and still be logged in when I come back. Maybe it would help if I just logged in permanently at the start of each visit and logged out again at the end?

14. TES_Rosaline

Hi @anotherauntsally,

Sorry about the logging out issues. Thank you for letting me know. I've passed this on to the dev team.

We are still investigating the problem.

Please can you try out your suggestion and see if that makes any difference?

Let me know what the outcome is.

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

15. anotherauntsally

anotherauntsally Lead commenter

@TES_Rosaline I ticked 'stay logged in' this morning and I haven't been logged out at all. I did forget to log out when I went out, though - I've just come back and I'm still logged in but I never seem to have a problem when I'm logged in permanently.

It's only a problem for me when I'm not logged in permanently, so I can rectify it if it gets too annoying. I know doing that doesn't solve the problem for everyone, so I realise I'm lucky. I only mentioned my experiences in the hope that they might be useful to those investigating the problem but if I'm muddying the waters, just ignore me until it's been sorted for those who don't have the option of staying logged in.

16. TES_Rosaline

Thank you for letting me know @anotherauntsally.

If anyone else is still having issues please can you report them on this post?

Thank you.

17. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Actually the past couple of days I've had more problems than before.
    Trying to answer a post get logged out sometimes as I do at other times when clicking on Alerts? Then when I tick the stay logged in option it either straightaway loses my log on info or I have to do the option twice.

18. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

Logging in/out seems quite random. I can be logged in for ages whether I've clicked 'stay logged on' or not and sometimes I'm kicked off. Sometimes I have to supply my username &c again when I click 'stay logged on' and sometimes I don't. Bit of a nuisance but not a major problem.

19. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

Funny, everything seemed to be tickety-boo but over the past 4 or 5 days I have been booted out and had to log back in on more than one occasion during a session. Seems to be nothing in particular, that sets it off, just going from thread to thread and replying.

20. TES_Rosaline

Hi @Lara mfl 05, @guinnesspuss nesspuss, @Spiritwalkerness

Thank you for all letting me know. I'm sorry that you are all being logged out of the forums.

I'll pass this on to my colleagues who are investigating the issue.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Please bear with us while we try to resolve the issue.

Have you cleared the cache? Information about how to do that can be found here. Also, what devices and browsers are you using to access the forums?