1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

problems with hotmail - please help this technophobe!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tartetatin, May 24, 2011.

1. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Hello and thanks for your replies!
    Just sent this to their help centre, but it seems to rely on other users helping you rather than mods! Forgive the non-techie terminology - I'm not too up on these things!
    I am also worried because I recently used the internet to order holiday clothes. Does this mean my bank details could have been taken? [​IMG]
    Hi. As of this morning, I have been unable to send or receive emails. There has been no message to say that my account is blocked, and I am still able to check old emails. When I try to send one, it says that the server is busy. I know for a fact that there have been emails sent to my account today, but they simply haven't appeared. I did receive an email from Windows/Hotmail a couple of days ago saying that my account was going to be suspended in 24 hours (as someone else repeatedly trying to access it?? - can't remember the reason), but I disregarded it as I wasn't sure if it was spam/junk. I have since opened that email but all it asked me to do was sign in, so I'm now worried that my password has been stolen!
    How to I get things back to normal please, and do I need to change my password?
    Thanks.

2. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Normally the spammign is for the sending of advertising.....not usually to access your accounts.They have gained access to your hotmail password...so you need to change it pronto...as to your other accounts....If in doubt change that as well( the password)
    You basically need to follow the instructions as advidsed abaove.,dlelete and rinstate on another account either at hotmail or as suggested google or one of the other browers such as yahoo.