1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

problems with GTTR

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by katywt, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,
    One evening this week I checked my email inbox to find an email from GTTR titled URGENT UPDATE REGARDING YOUR GTTR APPLICATION... I read the email and was very confused. It was talking about the GTTR provider needed more time to consider my application. - I didn't really know what this meant at all. Another email from GTTR asked me to log into Track and chack my application status. Once onto Track, I found that next to my second choice uni BCU it said 'unsucessful'. I was suddenly very worried, I have been invited to attend an interview which isn't until the end of March so was worried that maybe the uni had ran out of places for the PGCE course I applied for!!
    Unfortunately, the GTTR contact number wasn't open until the next morning. So after an almost sleepless night I rang up and talked to someone who assured me that I still have the interview and that it was the university's fault for not responding to GTTR past a deadline date. That may be true, but alot of worry and angst could have been avoided on my part if there wasn't a setting on GTTR that says you are 'unsucessful' when it is not the case at all!!!
    If anyone else receives emails like this before having an interview, don't worry - its just GTTR being rubbish.

2. Hi everyone,
    One evening this week I checked my email inbox to find an email from GTTR titled URGENT UPDATE REGARDING YOUR GTTR APPLICATION... I read the email and was very confused. It was talking about the GTTR provider needed more time to consider my application. - I didn't really know what this meant at all. Another email from GTTR asked me to log into Track and chack my application status. Once onto Track, I found that next to my second choice uni BCU it said 'unsucessful'. I was suddenly very worried, I have been invited to attend an interview which isn't until the end of March so was worried that maybe the uni had ran out of places for the PGCE course I applied for!!
    Unfortunately, the GTTR contact number wasn't open until the next morning. So after an almost sleepless night I rang up and talked to someone who assured me that I still have the interview and that it was the university's fault for not responding to GTTR past a deadline date. That may be true, but alot of worry and angst could have been avoided on my part if there wasn't a setting on GTTR that says you are 'unsucessful' when it is not the case at all!!!
    If anyone else receives emails like this before having an interview, don't worry - its just GTTR being rubbish.