1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Problems with Crabs

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by HappyHippy, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Been a while since I've done any Java/Greenfoot but have you definitely gotten a "turn(int)" procedure further down? Have you tried recompiling it? Have you imported greenfoot/*?

2. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

Yes to all three ;-(

3. You want to see a doctor about that.

(Poor I know, but it has to be done...)

4. Have you tried turning it off and on again? (More seriously, it might be worth building it again from scratch and, assuming it works, looking for any differences. I know from Flash projects sometimes this is just the easiest route when you hit a mental block...)

5. Demsley,
    I long since decided that this version of Java or indeed any other is unsuitable for school use but do you not have the book? Code for all the examples is there.
    I completed all the tasks so I'll have a look at my code or the book of you want?

6. Mine seems to look like yours:

Do you have your 'turn' routine inside 'Animal'?
    'public void turn(int angle)'

7. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

?!?!!???!
    Restarting GreenFoot caused it to work!
    NOT HAPPY NOW![​IMG]

Pity you cannot do sound effects - imagine if you will a scheme of work whistling through the air and clanging into the waste bin of p1553doffedness. If the development environment is instrumental in whether the code compiles (it did) and works (it didn't) and there is no clear indication as to why then I cannot be having with it.
    ... now where did I put the python stuff...

@NJB - I had the book, ....there was a fire late last night [​IMG]