1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Problems updating old resources

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by NumberLoving, Nov 6, 2016.

1. NumberLoving

NumberLoving New commenter

Is anyone else having trouble when updating older resources? I am trying to update some of my free resources (to remain free). I want to upload a cover photo and I have updated the resources themselves. However when I try to do this on the first stage it then says "review the errors listed" but there are no errors!
    I've logged it with help desk but maybe you know; can you update old resources?
    Thanks everyone

2. MissHallEnglish

MissHallEnglish Occasional commenter Forum guide and community helper

You can update older resources; there is an edit button for that reason. I've found the website generally quite slow today - perhaps there's some maintenance going on. CAn you leave them open in a tab and try again tomorrow? Hope you get it sorted.

3. CurriculumForAutism

CurriculumForAutism Occasional commenter

When it says "review errors listed" there's a tab on the right hand side under the large box where you upload your file, which says something like "select resources type"- you need to click one eg activity, poster.

4. NumberLoving

Yes i had checked all that and had selected resource type etc.
    Turns out the issue was the licence type for old resources, had to use a link from TES help to assign a CC type licence instead of TT (or was it TV) and then I could update.
    Got there in the end!

5. NumberLoving

Turns out it was the licence catergory was outdated! All done now!

cate_h likes this.