1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Problem with Way Resources are Displayed

Discussion in 'TES Authors' Group' started by penyrheol1, Sep 21, 2018.

1. penyrheol1

penyrheol1 New commenter

Has anyone else got this problem? When I first log on the view appears normal with a mix of free and premium what appear to be new resources on the first page. after that if I click on anything Secondary, Primary etc or any of their subgroups such as physics or creative writing it displays pages of resources from 2006/2007 - all free.
    Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 09.33.46.png Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 09.37.33.png

The new resources are on the last few pages of each category - for physics for example page 9000 and something. I have emailed the help desk but am wondering if this is happening to anyone else. I am aware that trials on filters have been taking place and have suggested to the help desk that it could be linked to that.

Rather worrying!

FullShelf likes this.
  2. EC_Resources

EC_Resources Occasional commenter

I'm really worried about the fact that all resources front covers have been stretched and bundles and sale resources have have a big shadow put on top of them. It looks really bad - I'm seriously hoping its a mistake. I hope someone will sort this before office hours end otherwise it will be like it all weekend. Look at this - look at how stretched they are and the nasty shadow on the bundle. It's been on there for hours now but no one has replied. AAAAGGGHHHH upload_2018-9-21_16-49-54.png

FullShelf likes this.
  3. FullShelf

FullShelf New commenter

This might help to explain why my sales have suddenly dried up today.

4. penyrheol1

penyrheol1 New commenter

Back to normal. Thank you TES.

5. FullShelf

FullShelf New commenter

I've tried viewing resources with different web browsers. On one it has chopped all the titles off the resource covers in my store. On another the titles are not cut off but the covers are still stretched and odd-looking. Not expecting to break any selling records this weekend! What is everyone else seeing?

EC_Resources likes this.
  6. EC_Resources

It's really odd - I think different people are seeing different things. I can still see it 24 hours on. Stretched and big shadowy smudges all over them. It's on all the bundles, tes picks and sales items. I've actually cancelled the big sale I had on to get rid of the dark smudge on at least some of my resources.

FullShelf likes this.
  7. FullShelf

FullShelf New commenter

I have had a few sales today so some people must be seeing the resources okay but it concerns me when I'm seeing all my resource covers totally messed up and with the titles chopped off. Let's hope it gets sorted soon.

8. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hello everyone, thank you for your comments. The issue with the display of resources was fixed on Friday. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

9. FullShelf

FullShelf New commenter

@TES_Rosaline Thanks for getting back to us on this. However, the display of resources is still messed up for me. It is cutting off titles on covers and distorting them. On the thumbnails you cannot see the first lines of the description anymore either. Perhaps this is only on one or two web browsers but it would be great if this could be fixed too. Thanks.

10. corcuera

corcuera New commenter

I am finding that quite a few of my resources are showing blank previews. Nobody is going to buy them if they can't see what they are paying for. Not to mention the ongoing issues with the previews of word files...

11. TES_Rosaline

You're welcome @FullShelf. Please can you let me know what browser you are using and the device?

@corcuera, please can you send a link to your shop and send some screen grabs of the blank previews to help@tes.com so that the Customer Services Team can help you?

In the meantime, I will pass these comments on to the relevant team.

12. EC_Resources

@TES_Rosaline Hi there, thanks for replying. The issue hasn't been fixed though and it's still the same. It is like this on grid view - The big dark smudge is still there, the covers are stetched and in mobile / tablet view the top of each cover is cut off by a large sticker.[​IMG]

13. EC_Resources

@TES_Rosaline this is what quick view looks like. This is what it looks like to people using Firefox on grid view today. upload_2018-9-25_17-5-9.png

14. EC_Resources

And for comparison (and yes I keep harping on about it...) upload_2018-9-25_20-51-28.png

15. TES_Rosaline

You're welcome @EC_Resources. Thank you for your the screen grabs. Is it possible to send me links to Tes.Community@tesglobal.com?

Thank you. In the meantime, I'll pass on your posts to the relevant team.

16. corcuera

corcuera New commenter

Hi,
    thanks for your quick response. My shop is https://www.tes.com/teaching-resources/shop/corcuera
    There are issues with several resources. I've uploaded three captures, one of what a preview of a Word file looks like and the preview of the same resource in PDF, and the third of a resource for which the Word and PDF files simply don't show.

Attached Files:

17. EC_Resources

Thanks @TES_Rosaline. I use firefox. The shadows have gone today but the resources are still stretched (grid view). Still it looks much better now already :)

18. TES_Rosaline

You're welcome @corcuera. Thank you for sending the link to your shop and uploading the screen shots. I'll pass on the post links to the relevant team.

19. TES_Rosaline

You're welcome @EC_Resources. I'll let the team know. I'm pleased that the shadows have gone but will let my colleagues know that there is still an issue with the stretched images.

EC_Resources likes this.