1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Problem with LOA and not telling head why i have an appointment!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by SBW2009, Jul 17, 2012.

1. SBW2009

SBW2009 New commenter

Hi
    I have my first midwife appointment on friday - i'm over a week late to what the midwife normally does because I couldn't make last week (had something on). Anyway, i put Leave of Absence in today and had an email off the head asking to see me tomorrow. I've not told him or anyone else about the pregnancy (no way is he going to find out before my parents).
    I put on the form - urgent appointment to discuss blood test results. I really don't want to be push on it. I've got an appointment card from the surgery.
    Really suffering with sickness and now feeling stressed - agh!
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks

2. SBW2009

SBW2009 New commenter

Hi
    I have my first midwife appointment on friday - i'm over a week late to what the midwife normally does because I couldn't make last week (had something on). Anyway, i put Leave of Absence in today and had an email off the head asking to see me tomorrow. I've not told him or anyone else about the pregnancy (no way is he going to find out before my parents).
    I put on the form - urgent appointment to discuss blood test results. I really don't want to be push on it. I've got an appointment card from the surgery.
    Really suffering with sickness and now feeling stressed - agh!
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks

3. Say that you have an urgent medical appointment. The Head has no business asking what for.... If he does ask, say it is a private medical matter!

4. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Are you sure he wants to see you about that? It might be something completely different. Don't tell them why you're going, definitely not! My HT is very discreete and didn't blab, but had to inform Deputy, who was not so scrupulous...

5. noemie

It's just outrageous, I can't believe he would question an urgent medical appointment just because it's the last day of the year. Stand your ground and make him feel bad by looking really worried about this medical result, particularly as you are never normally ill, as he knows from your record this year blablabla.

6. noemie

Hi, just wondering how your meeting went? Hope everything is alright with you Nx

7. SBW2009

SBW2009 New commenter

Hi!
    Well I just avoided him and left yesterday! Im glad I never saw him as the sickness was so bad yesterday!!! Let's hope he's forgotten about it!!!!
    Thanks x

8. noemie

Good for you! Now 6 weeks of not having to worry about anything! Enjoy!! [​IMG]