1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Problem with CRB.

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by mattmaine8, Feb 15, 2011.

1. I have recently been investigated by all the authorities for an assult on a child at work but the allegation was unfounded by all. I was never inteviewed by police or any other authority. I was sacked by the nursery on grounds of gross misconduct for not following proceadures although i'm not certain where they get that from but thats another matter. What i want to know is will my investigation be flagged up on my CRB now?

2. What do you mean by 'all' authorities?
    Never mind the CRB, I would imagine your reference won't be that good.
    If this op is genuine.
    Which I doubt.

3. it is genuin thank you and i mean by the Police, county council, child protection and ofstead. i do have a reference thank you as the manager has now left and so has my room leader so the current management cant give me a reference due to they not knowing me. i have backing from other professional i ahve worked with and if it is flagged i will fight to clear my name.

4. If you were never interviewed by anyone then no it will not. CRBs flag up convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings.
    However, if the original complaint was made via the police then it will possibly be on the PNC.
    The best people to advise you on such a matter are the Criminal Records Bureau themselves as their regulations are changing all the time. In the last few months we have had the combining of ISA and CRB so new legislation may affect your situation.

5. Thank you so much for your help. Awaiting a CRB to come through the post so will let you all know the out come. Once again JJ thank you.