1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Probing questions for maths

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by Lgregson, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Can anyone help? I found towards the end of last year some fantastic powerpoints with probing questions at http://www.bristol-cyps.org.uk/teaching/secondary/maths/apa-level4.html
    This seems to have been removed from the www.bristol-cyps.org.uk site and I can't find them in such a good format anywhere. I am trying to support colleagues in planning for key questions and would love it if anyone had a copy, knew where they have moved to or has a similar resource they could suggest. We teach KS3 and KS4 on the OCR spec if that makes a difference.
    Many thanks in advance.

2. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

Are you thinking of something like the probing questions on the Kangaroo Maths site?
    I included a link to their levelopaedias on this page.

3. Hi
    I have the powerpoint with probing questions but I don't know if they are the ones you are looking for. I will email that you, please send me your email.

4. Hi
    I was wondering if you could email me the probing questions powerpoint
    They sound just what im looking for
    My email is katwood01@hotmail.co.uk

5. Ask the mods to remove this post and do the email thingy via Private Messaging. Otherwise, you'llbe inundated with spam.
    I find that there's only one decent probing question: Why? Plus variants on it. It covers any situation, really.
    cyolba, why am I doing this again? :)

6. P.S. Have you got married, kat?
    cyolba, looking too intently into usernames and email addresses :)

7. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

Lots of good probing questions out there - links here.