1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Probationer help!

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by xnvp, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Hello, i start my probation year in august with a P3 (Year 2) class and my probation school uses a range of literacy and numeracy programs i have never been shown or taught how to use before, i was wondering if anyone on here had experience of, how to use advice, tips etc. for the following programs as I'm starting to panic about it...

Oxford Reading Tree
    North Lanarkshire Active Literacy
    Big Maths

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

2. alibh

alibh New commenter

Hello

To start off don't panic! I have just completed my probation year. Are you placed in North Lancashire? if so they provide training on the Active literacy pack. Your mentor will also go through everything with you. The best advice I can give you is ask questions even if you feel like you should know something just ask. I worked at 2nd level so I can remember off hand what exactly is in the P3 literacy pack but it is very much based on Phonemes you will have a list to work through each week. There will also be common words again this is in the pack. your school will have a book based at your staged that talks you through it and it will become your bible for the next year. A lesson usually follows the layout of - phoneme spelling, reading then an activity based on the book. Hope that helps a little. Good luck!