1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Probably a stupid question but...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by tigger82, May 1, 2012.

1. tigger82

tigger82 New commenter

I am applying for a job at a lovely independent school and I have no person specification to work with but I do have a job description.
    I used the wording form the advert for my execuctive summary.
    Should I use the exact language from the job spec or just use it as a guide to make sure I've covered all my points?
    I always get good advice here and I will only torture myself if I don't ask.

2. tigger82

tigger82 New commenter

I am applying for a job at a lovely independent school and I have no person specification to work with but I do have a job description.
    I used the wording form the advert for my execuctive summary.
    Should I use the exact language from the job spec or just use it as a guide to make sure I've covered all my points?
    I always get good advice here and I will only torture myself if I don't ask.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

You didn't start Dear Theo, so he's obviously missed this one (unless as I post I notice he's noticed anyway and replied- as happened the other day!).
    Do you mean the exact wording in your ES or on the additional info/personal statement etc.?
    If they've provided info. I would use 'their terminology' but if you're adapting a generic Job Spec. use your own judgement as to which terminology.