1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Probably a silly question about printers

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon8315, Jan 31, 2012.

1. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

I want to buy a printer, but only have a laptop and an Iphone rather than a PC. I have a tendency to take the laptop in bed with me and work there [​IMG] and am reluctant to give up this luxury.
    Can I connect the printer to the laptop then send work to the printer to print remotely? I have a feeling I should know this, but want to make 100% sure before buying a printer.
    Also, any printer reccommendations?
    And finally - can I print from my phone?
    Many thanks!

2. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

Yes, you can wirelessly print, if you connect to your broadband wirelessly.
    Kodak do good wireless printers that are pricey to buy but cheap to run. No idea about the phone. I have seen some that you can print from anywhere in the world, from your phone!

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

You can print from your phone with some, others are akward. Lost of printers will work wirelessly, just check they have wifi built in.
    Whats the printer for? I loved my Samsung CLP325W Colour laser (currently waiting for it to be shipped) but if you want an all in one I have a Canon MX880 which is good - auto double sided printing & autofeed scanning to do multiple pages (which I don't know how I did without!)
    Not tried printing from my phone with either but had no problems from my laptop/PC with either. x

4. HP wireless printers are good. You can get then from Tesco and Tesco replacement ink is relatively cheap. You have to follow setup/install instruction exactly as written to get it up and working quickly. A cable connection can still be used as a backup method.
    You will still have to get out of bed if the printer runs out of paper or it jams.
    Re Kodak. The company is in financial trouble. Imaging and printing are the best performing part of the businessand may well continue as a new Kodak or other business. Should factor it in do decisions though.

5. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

Thank you! x