1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Rata Wage?

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by alexpotter, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Does anyone know what the pro rata wage (for a term time only TA) is if the 'full' wage is £19,126?
    Additionally could anyone give me an idea of what the monthly take home pay would be?
    Thanks

2. To work it out you would need to know how many hours a week it is for and how many weeks a year. Also how much holiday pay do your LA give?

3. Phone your LA and speak to payroll

4. You would need to divide the full wage by 52 and then multiply by the number of weeks you work, usually 39.
    Therefore £19,126/52=£367.81 £367.81*39=£14,344.50

5. NQT1986

NQT1986 Occasional commenter

Would that 'pro rata' wage be for 37 hours a week rather than 31?

6. R13

R13 New commenter

You need to divide the wage by 52 and multiply by the number of weeks you are paid for - typically a term time contract means you work 39 weeks and then get some holiday pay so actually get paid, say for example, 44 weeks.
    So actual wage divided by 52 weeks and then multiplied by weeks to be paid
    THEN divide by 37 hours and multiply by the number of hours a week you are contracted for.
    Unless you have a phobia of telephones the advice about ringing up and asking was rather sensible

7. Thanks everyone x

8. I don't think I get any holiday pay! Do you all get it?

How the devil would I find out?!

9. R13

R13 New commenter

IF you've got a contract you could read it carefully . . . .but if you haven't ask your Head or your Admin Officer or ring your Local Authority personnel department or their Payroll section