1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Rata pay TA

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by Saye4, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Saye4

Saye4 New commenter

I am trying to work out what the monthly take home pay will be for a TA position.
    How much do you guys get on an average month as a TA or LSA.

2. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

It depends on the pay grade which is different in many LAs, the number of hours and weeks worked. If a school is advertising I'd phone them up and ask what the actual pay is.

3. MissMinton

MissMinton New commenter

I work 32.5 hours a week as a level 2 TA; the advertised pre-tax annual salary was about £12k a year. My actual take home pay is about £960 a month--it went up a bit with a pay rise in my LA in April. I work in Worcestershire. If that's any help.

4. Ophelia 9

Ophelia 9 New commenter

This is a, now VERY old, post (can't get used to being a New Commenter when I've been on this forum for about 12 years!) but it's probably still fairly close to working out Pro-rata rates.
    Ophelia 9 New commenter
    This is an old post of mine don't know if it will help at all - please note that these figures are currently based on a full time week of 36.5 hours but our LA plans to put this back up to 37 hours in the near future.

https://community.tes.com/threads/working-out-ta-pay.696541/#post-8475964

sunshineneeded and Trekkie like this.
  5. picsgirl

picsgirl New commenter

In my LEA TAs pay starts at £8.82 per hour (since the increase in April). Hope that helps.