1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Private Tutoring - Subjects?

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by barneystinson, Jul 21, 2011.

1. I am a recently qualified teacher (completed my PGCE in ICT this summer) and have a part-time job lined up for September.
    As I will need to supplement my income, I am thinking about getting into private tutoring. Not sure how yet exactly but it seems like the logical choice!
    As I am qualified in teaching ICT, I was wondering if I can (or should) offer private tutition in other subjects, such as Maths and English, as I assume these subjects will be more in demand.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

2. I am a recently qualified teacher (completed my PGCE in ICT this summer) and have a part-time job lined up for September.
    As I will need to supplement my income, I am thinking about getting into private tutoring. Not sure how yet exactly but it seems like the logical choice!
    As I am qualified in teaching ICT, I was wondering if I can (or should) offer private tutition in other subjects, such as Maths and English, as I assume these subjects will be more in demand.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

3. I’d suggest you contact an agency and see if there is much demand for ICT near you and if not just focus on maths or English. I think there might be a danger if you offer too many subjects as people will question your expertise in any. Good luck

4. greta444

greta444 New commenter

I can't see many signing up for I.C.T. as kids are so savvy these days. Go for maths.