1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Private tutoring job application help

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by SUPER.SUPPLY, Dec 20, 2015.

1. SUPER.SUPPLY

SUPER.SUPPLY Occasional commenter

hello all,
    I'm applying for a job as a private tutor. oNe which requires a complete relocation to a completely different area temporarily. I'm ready for an immediate start if I can a get through to the interview. They have my c.v and details but there is just ne box I cannot fill in. How do I:
    ILLUSTRATE A SITUATION IN WHICH I NEEDED TO DISPLAY SENSITIVITY AND CO OPERATION WITH OTHER PROFESSIONALS TO ADVANCE EDUCATIONAL GOALS.

Now I'm just stumped because I'm constantly liaising with counsellors, social workers, ed psychs etc but cannot put it into words. Do I give an example of a sensitive nature but withhold names obviously? Am I reading too much into it because I'd really like the job?

Advice please.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

This sounds interesting, SS! It almost sounds as though you would be swanning around in a millionaire's family!

Yes, working with other non-teaching professionals could well be an example. As could also working with a SEN (perhaps to help pupils who didn't have English as their family language?), or with other teachers.

Yes, don't mention names. And do make sure that you describe the positive outcome, i.e. the educational goals achieved.

Best wishes

3. SUPER.SUPPLY

SUPER.SUPPLY Occasional commenter

Thank you for your answer Theo, its something that we do all of the time (talking to other professionals i mean) and it is difficult to state the obvious. I'll rattle around in a cesspit for six months for the amount of money that they are offering per month. Not that i would prefer a cesspit obviously. What they are offering per month is what I take home in a year on supply teaching. So, ill get cracking on it. Merry christmas to you.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter