1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Private tuition/Supply teaching

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by Sparky68, Jul 3, 2015.

  1. Hi

    I am taking a sabbatical from work but wish to do some private tuition/supply teaching . I have been approached by the company ISS to do my accounts. Reading articles online there are mixed opinions of this company. Has anyone any advice?
  2. jocraigie

    jocraigie New commenter

    I do my own accounts so can't really advise sorry.
  3. decj

    decj New commenter

    I've been self-employed as a full-time private tutor for 4 years and have always done my own accounts and tax returns. It's not that hard and there's lots of advise online from HMRC. If you employ an accountant, it eats into your profits.
  4. langteacher

    langteacher Occasional commenter

    I also do my own. It is really easy, just keep a record of what you earn, how much you spend, how far you travel and what can be offset such as heat and light etc
  5. Like others have said, it's better to do your own accounts and it's quite easy. You would save on paying the fee to have them done and I think there is a free list from HMRC onwhat items you can claim on. Either that or the list is on their site.

Share This Page